Food intolerance & allergies are issues that are very important to us and our guests.
At Protur Hotels we always try to look after all our guests’ needs and so we have a
protocol in all our hotels.
We recommend that any guest who suffers any intolerance or allergy should contact their chosen hotel two weeks prior to arrival. When we are given prior notice we can make sure that provision is made and order special products depending on the particular allergy/ intolerance.
On arrival at the hotel, reception will put you in contact with the manager or head waiter of the hotel who will indicate the food choices available and elaborate special menus for the duration of the stay, if need be.
We train our staff on this issue, especially to avoid the feared cross-contamination of food and ensure effective management thereof.The regulation defines 14 allergens that should be labelled even in non-packaged foods. In our buffet, we always offer information on all allergens and substances that might pose a risk to people suffering from food allergies or intolerances.
The 14 allergens singles out on our buffet are:
- Gluten: gluten-containing cereals are: wheat, barley, rye, oats and their hybrid varieties and derived products.
- Shellfish & derived products
- Molluscs & derived products
- Eggs & egg products
- Lupines & derived products
- Mustard & derived products
- Peanuts & derived products
- Nuts and dried fruit products
- Celery & derived products
- Sesame & derived products
- Soy & soy products
- Milk and milk products (including lactose)
- Sulphur dioxide and sulphites (in a concentration of more than 10 mg / kg or mg / l)