The town council tourism delegation has informed us that from July 3rd they have put a ‘Universal Accessibility Point on the Playa de Na Marins in Cala Bona.
This project is fruit of the idea to create a beach that can truly be enjoyed by EVERYONE, optimising the resources put at the service of the public on a day to day basis. From here, the aim set by the town hall is to achieve Universal Accessibility Certification AENOR UNE 170001 in September of this year.
Thus, in 2015 visitors will be able to enjoy all the services from the very start of the season, with the guarantees that this certificate offers. This, coupled with the project scheduled for next year to supply fresh fine sand for this beach so that it will return to its original condition, will add to the quality of bathing offered to its visitors.
From this date the complete Accessibility Point service not only gets rid architectonic barriers that were there up until a few weeks ago which is very important, but it also also includes other infrastructure & services:
- Reserved parking spaces
- Access ramp to the beach, in accordance with the criteria of accessibility for all.
- Wooden walkways to navigate the beach and have access to the water, with the sides highlighted in colour to help people with visual disabilities.
- Adapted bathroom cabins that include toilet, shower & dressing facilities.
- Elements to help to float, beach wheelchairs & beach crutches available to those who need them.
- Shady zone
- Personalized service of assisted bathing, provided by lifeguards qualified inaccessibility.
We will shortly be adding other elements of the Access for All, such as routing that links the reserved parking spaces with the beach access, thus making this pioneering facility of guaranteed & certified Accessibility for All the only first and only fully accessible beach on the whole of the island of Mallorca.