José Antonio Rodríguez, pupil of EUHT of Sant Pol de Mar was the proud winner of the First Edition of the National School Cooking Contest ‘PROTUR CHEF 2017’. Second place went to Tenerife represented by Javier Jiménez of the Hotel Escuela SC of the Canaries HECANSA and third place went to Toni Riera from Majorca and pupil of the IES Puig de Sa Font. The final of Protur Chef was held on March 19th at the Protur Biomar Gran Hotel & Spa in Sa Coma.
The PROTUR CHEF contest boasted 20 participants from 10 different cooking schools.
- Escola d’Hosteleria de les Illes Balears (EHIB)
- IES Puig de Sa Font
- Amadip Esment Escola de Mallorca
- IES Juniper Serra
- IES Alcúdia
- Hotel Escuela SC de Canarias HECANSA
- EUHT de Sant Pol de Mar
- Escuela Superior de Hostelería y Agroturismo ESHAEX
- CIFP Carlos Aroza
- Centro Superior de Hostelería Mediterráneo
At the same time we also celebrated the Chef KIDS contest where we could see the budding chefs of the future preparing salads & decorating sponges.
18 kids between the ages of 8 & 12 showed us their skills 6 love of cooking. The classification was as follows:
- Antònia Roser Sitges – First Prize
- Marina Vaquer – Second Prize
- Aurelio Ucendo – Third Prize
Everyone was very impressed by the high standard of all participants – both kids & cookery school pupils. We look forward to welcoming everyone to the second edition!