Which are the best coves in Levante?
The Levante is one of the most charming areas in Majorca that you have to get know during your holiday. The beautiful beaches and coves that surround its coast show a truly natural side of the island full of colours that change depending on what time of year it is. The pine forests combined with the spectacular white sands make a scene worthy of the most beautiful postcard. The truth is that every year the Majorcan coves attract a large number of people who want to see the heavenly natural environment where they are located. Although a lot of people know some of them, there are still some small treasures away from the crowds, like these 7 exclusive coves you must visit in order to get to know the true essence of Majorca.
- Cala Romantica. With crystal clear waters and white sand, this magical cove is located very close to the famous Caves of Drach. In Cala Romántica you can enjoy the tranquil atmosphere while you have a refreshing drink in the beach bar.
- Cala Murada. A small beach ideal for families due to its wide range of services. Located in the municipality of Manacor, this white sandy beach gets its name from the picturesque fishing village which it is part of, and which you will love.
- Cala Varques. A paradise that is only half an hour by car from our hotels in Sa Coma. Cala Varques’ private surroundings make it the perfect cove for relaxing under the Mediterranean sun.
- Cala Morlanda. This pebbled cove has a very special charm. Its shallow turquoise waters invite you to dive in and explore its beautiful seabed.
- Cala Mondragó. Near the municipality of Santanyí there is a small beach surrounded by pine trees and rocks. This cove was declared a Natural Park in 1992 by the Balearic Parliament and a Natural Area of Special Interest in 1995 by the European Community. It’s a little piece of Heaven that you can’t miss during your holiday.
- Es Trenc. This untouched wonder is a little further away than the others but it is one of the unspoilt areas of Majorca that will amaze you. A few kilometres away are Ses Salines, the Majorcan salt flats, where you can learn about the process of making the famous ‘Flor de Sal’ (flower of salt).
The true essence of Majorca is waiting for you in the eastern part of the island, where you will completely fall in love with these hidden natural treasures.
Discover Majorca with Protur Hotels.